Search This Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2015

First Quarter Poetry Journal Reflection

Welcome to my journal reflection where you will be crying tears of happiness pain because of how great bad my poems are. Don't say I didn't warn you...




Hallways

Late already
Knowing a detention waits you if you arrive tardy
Sprinting down the hallway
As if death himself were chasing you

Until a group of people
Walking single file
Across
The hallway, no way
                 Up
Left                            Right
            or Below

You walk behind
Cursing the whole time
Wondering why people can't be more aware
Wondering why the world can't be a place where people know the consequences of their actions

After the class, you meet up with a group of friends
You all are heading to lunch, no worries
Sam shows you a funny picture
You all laugh
As if there was no care in the world

Yet, what you don't know is
Curses that go around
Will always come around



BUT WAIT!
THE RIDE'S NOT OVER JUST YET!
KEEP GOING ONWARD....






Anaylsis of SAO


SAO
2nd most popular anime
In the US
What is anime?
No time to explain here
But Wikipedia always has time to explain
Good plot ideas
That work in theory
But not in practice
Teenagers stuck inside a video game
With no way out
Except to beat the game
Sounds good so far?
Keep reading!!
Main character, Kirito-kun
Your average over powered protagonist
Hides the fact that he is high leveled
To his low leveled friends
And gets them all killed
But don't worry,
He gets all the ladies too
Badly written romance
That goes and ends



  N
O
W
                                         H
       E
                       R
                 E






With too many pretty girls like Asuna
And so many more
I can't even remember their names
It’s not a harem, right?
Or is it?
?
Bad character development
Most characters get less than
Fifteen minutes of screen time
Ones who are lucky enough to get more screen time
Develop as characters when
Klein can eat his pizza














Which is never
Because Kirito will always be
The over powered protagonist
And Asuna will always always be
The over powered protagonists's wife
Creating the most cliche over powered couple
But it's all OK
Because Asuna and Kirito get married
And they have a kid
Well not really, they adopt one
And they kiss
But they're still an awkward couple

And they live happily ever after
Just kidding!
Because Kirito dies while fighting the boss
And if you die in the game, you die in real life
Just kidding!
Because Kirito overrides the death system
Because he's an overpowered protagonist 
And he can do whatever he wants
So he defeats the boss
And the game starts to fall apart
And they all die
Just kidding!
You can't end an anime after 14 episodes!
Psh! That's outrageous!
So Kirito wakes up in a hospital
But for some reason, when you're gone for 
Two years straight, you develop some
Family issues
And that's a problem 
Because Kirito needs to be an onii-chan!
But wait!
Where's Asuna?
Oh no, she's stuck in another video game!
What will Kirito do?
Guess you have to watch it to find out!
In recap
Drama queen ending












Too much crying
Image result for sao crying scene
Too much kissing and cheap love
Image result for sao kissing scene

Too much fan service











Too much crap in general


Image result for sao worst scene










Not enough plot
Not enough action
Not enough character development

I rate
10/10
Good watch!

No clue what I'm talking about? Try this link. Or don't. But proceed at your own risk. I warned you...




*Phew* We all survived that didn't we? Yeah, somehow we did.
OK, that second one got a little longer than I planned. I'm sorry, I have weird things I do in my free time. Don't judge.

Themes I chose for these poems were ones I really feel connected to. I chose the first one because it's something that I experience quite a lot, especially at a school with so many students such as Mason High School. When I originally wrote it, it started off as a rant, like I do sometimes in my journal. My revising process mainly involved taking an unorganized and random rant and (and removing a few bad words) putting all the thoughts into a condensed and organized "poem", if anything I write can be called poetry. One thing I really wanted to get across in the poem was the fact to make the fact that you're blocking someone else meaning get through, without explicitly saying it, although the first time my friends and I ticked somebody off in the hallway, the person said it quite explicitly.

Oh, boy, the second one. This is one I really wanted to write just because I had so much fun writing it. If you couldn't tell yet, I love having fun ranting about things I don't enjoy. The inspiration for the poem came from the "Analysis of Baseball" poem we read in class. The one thing I tried to do but couldn't figure out was how to set the formatting on Blogger into columns, so instead it's just a really, really long poem.  (geez formatting on Blogger is harder than sticking to a diet and exercise regime). Another reason I really wanted to publish this one was because a friend of mine (who shall remain unnamed but if have more than a brain of the person who made SAO, you probably know who) wrote the same piece as I did and this is all we write about we just both had so much fun writing it. I did not revise this piece all too much. I mostly pulled it straight out of my journal. I did add some lines (and of course the beautiful pictures) and did some rearranging but I feel like the way I wrote it originally got the point across pretty well, so I did not make any huge revisions.


Ok but I'm seriously sorry you had to sit through that, especially you Mrs.Leitsch. Judge me all you like!!!!!
























3 comments:

  1. Having watched SAO as well, I can relate to the good idea and lack of proper execution present in the anime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a proper anime so I'm utterly confused by whatever the second poem is. At least it was funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I strongly disagree with the second one. SAO is the best anime in existence. Asuna is my waifu how dare you judge her like that! I vote 10/10 for real, man. No fakes! Best anime, I watch 10-12 hours of SAO per night!

    -Justin Huang

    But seriously tho, good relatable points!

    ReplyDelete