Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2016

3rd Quarter Independent Reading Reflection


Books I read this semester:

(ranked by "difficulty" or how difficult it was for me to finish the book)

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
Firestarter by Stephen King
The Martian by Andy Weir
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling (I got bored over break so I reread the first 3)

My goal last semester was to read five books, and I'm proud to say, for the first time this whole year, I've met my goal! However, I still don't think I  REALLY met my goal in a broader sense, which is to treat reading as something, that needs to be done constantly. With my busy anime LIFE, it's hard finding time time to sit down and have quality reading. It helped a bit that "3rd quarter" constitutes winter break too, because I read a bunch over winter break, since I knew once school started, it'd be back to no time for reading.

Also, last semester I said something about reading at least an hour on weekends.

Yeah right, like that happened.

So, because of all this, and since I don't see my anime schedule LIFE getting any less busy, this semester, we're going to focus quality over quantity. I feel like it's been quite a while since I've read a REALLY high quality book, or that one I can really connect with. Therefore, this last quarter of the year, my goal will be unlike any of my other goals, and I'm going to focus on quality, yes QUALITY, for once.

So, without further ado, Kevin's reading goals for quarter 4:
1. read at least one Alex Award Winner
2. read at least one book that Mrs. Leitsch recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment