Search This Blog

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Second Quarter Poetry Journal Reflection








Now I'm sure many of you out there think that this blog post is something funny, and lighthearted , and you know, put something that represents you out there, right? WRONG! ABSOLUTELY WRONG!! We are here to discuss some very pressing issues. This is completely serious and definitely should not be taken as a joke. Now today, the issue we will be discussing is, one of the most pressing of all, teenage relationships.

Now in the process of discussing this, we will be answering the question, "Should high school relationships be taken seriously?" To thoroughly analyze this thought provoking question, we will implement a strategy know as persuasive case writing, given to me by my late English teacher, Mr. Eric Schatzle. In order to get the most through answer possible, we will analyze a situation of high school relationships, and what other one would we turn to other than Nisekoi??

Just like persuasive case writing, each relationship must start somewhere. We turn to look at our case study, where we meet our couple: Raku Ichijo, the son of the Yazuka gang, and Chitoge Kirisaki, the gorilla woman who is the sun of the bee hive gang. Of course so conveniently, the two gangs are at war with each other, and to keep the peace, both must love each other. Even more conveniently,  Raku is in love with another girl, Kosaki Onodera. Add in some side characters that nobody gives a crap about and you have your average harem!!

What many people do not understand is, that it is very hard to hold a high school relationship, as is shown on Valentine's Day, where a no-lifer Raku, gets chocolate from just about every girl in the school. We have to put ourselves in his shoes and really imagine how hard it must be. It has to be very stressful getting all that chocolate and not knowing what to do with it. Science has proven that high amounts of stress to the body is very detrimental, and therefore, high school relationships must be taken very seriously, or we will see massive amounts of stress induced deaths across the country.
Another example of how hard holding a relationship is when there are just too many choices. Somehow the school he attends has a boy girl ratio of 2:100 and all these choices of who to hold a relationship. Everybody knows having too many choices can lead to chronic indecision. I mean just look at all these people. (notice the boy girl ratio)
Of course,  having all these choices can lead to serious and deadly side effects such as:

Raku getting beat up

Raku ending up in the girls bathroom

Raku playing Romeo in Romeo and Juliet
and of course the most deadly, monkey AIDS

So what have we learned today? First we have learned that I have no life, and this piece of !@#$ took an hour of my non-existent life. Second, we have learned that if you don't want monkey AIDS, you better value your high school relationships!


Reflection

Yeah, I'm never going to do anything serious. I'll probably be taking the ACTs and this is the bullcrap I put on there. I chose this one mostly because all my other ones suck, and I felt like I could express my true stupid self in this one. The result was supposed to be better but unfortunately it is 12am and I value my sleep too much. My revisions consisted mostly of extending what I had in my journal a bit, and changing the orders of some stuff here and there (along with the beautiful pictures, and removing bad words). When I blog like this, I usually just let my brain run on whatever wild tangents it wants to and I don't do too much revising at the end, because again it shows my true stupid self.

OH yeah if you wanna see another adaptation of Romeo and Juliet, be my guest --> here <--
it actually fits what we're doing in class pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment