Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Things I Learned Last Year


Things I Learned Last Year

Some are willing to get 7 people a bus
Just for safety reasons.

People will work that much harder
For a piece of candy.

Bit by bit will give you results,
It'll just take a long time;
A REALLY long time.

Getting 10 hours a sleep each night
Was a thing of the past

You can make a teacher quit his job,
If you're really annoying in class.

You can get a lot done in a day,
Like finish all of SAO,
If you really count the hours.


By the way about the teacher quitting his job, I don't think the only reason that he quit his job because some students (who will remain unnamed) were REALLY annoying in class. I'm positive there were other reasons. My year last year was overall, a pretty average year. I liked all my classes, I liked (mostly) all of my teachers, and life was pretty good. Nothing huge really happened, except me getting a year closer to dying, but I guess that happens every year. The biggest things that happened to me last year were me failing 2 back to back violin auditions, and somebody showing me a video of what, back then I thought was just another one of those weird stupid things that people with no life got addicted to, but now I'm addicted to it, so I guess now I'm a stupid weird person with no life. (BTW if you couldn't figure it out yet, the thing starts with a, ends with e, and has 'nim' in the middle).

My poem has a lighthearted tone. I didn't write it to be some super deep and personal poem. Again, as with all my other blog posts, I try to be funny, but usually that doesn't work, so it's extremely awkward as the reader. To me, writing should be something that's fun, which is why I'm not always super on board with the education system, and for me, fun writing to me is really just like me talking, but instead I'm writing it down. I think my poem, and probably all of my other blog posts reflects this.

In comparison to Stafford's poem, they both have a lighthearted tone and talk about a lot of random facts, although mine pertain to my personal life, while Stafford's are just, well, random. I didn't talk about any celebrities or famous people, because let's face it, I'm the real celebrity, right? Also, my poem wasn't really structured like Stafford's, with duplets, quatrains, and stuff, and again it was really just kind of random. Also, I feel Stafford's has a since of cohesion, like the poem as a whole, is supposed to mean or represent something, where mine is just like a random collection.





No comments:

Post a Comment